- “Big Oil Invested More Than $1 Billion On Misleading Climate Lobbying Since Paris” • The globe’s five largest publicly traded oil and gas majors are ExxonMobil, Royal Dutch Shell, Chevron, BP, and Total. Together, they have invested over $1 billion in misleading climate-related branding and lobbying in the three years since the Paris Agreement. [CleanTechnica]
- “Plans For Grid To Operate On Zero Carbon Power By 2025” • The UK electricity system will be able to operate with 100% clean power by 2025, the company responsible for balancing the grid announced. National Grid Electricity System Operator balances the system and ensures that customers have sufficient power supplies available. [Energy Voice]
- “Breaking! Tesla Takes 31% Of Norway’s Total Passenger Auto Sales In March” • Tesla sold about 5,700 vehicles in Norway in March, out of a total of 18,375 new passenger car sales for the month. That means Tesla got around 31% of the market. Fully electric cars as a whole amounted to over 58% of Norway’s total new auto market. [CleanTechnica]
- “What Does Air Pollution Do To Our Bodies?” • Scientists say the impacts of air pollution are more serious than previously thought. Over the last few decades, research has revealed how gases like NO₂ and tiny particles, known as particulate matter or PM, can reach deep into the body with the danger of causing lasting damage. [BCC]
- “Canada Is Warming At Twice The Global Rate, Report Says” • A report says Canada’s climate has been warming at double the rate of global warming, on average, and is expected to continue to do so. The report also says since 1948, when records became available, Canada’s average land temperature increased by 1.7° C (about 3° F). [CNN]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Source: Green Events
April 2 Green Energy News