- “Wind Power Means Jobs in Texas, and Partisan Politics Isn’t Going to Stop It” • As discussions around climate change in America have become partisan, so have those around kilowatts, but not in Texas. There is money to be made with windpower, and Texans are not going to miss out on the chance to make it.[InsideClimate News]
- Karnataka Renewable Energy Development Limited, a state government agency, recently issued tender documents for 860 MW of solar PV power capacity. The capacity will be allocated in blocks of 20 MW each across 43 locations in the Indian state. The state plans for 6,000 MW of operational solar power capacity by March 2022. [CleanTechnica]
- A total of 2,130 MW of wind power capacity will be auctioned over four days for plants to be built in 32 different places in Turkey. On the first day of tenders, bids for 430 MW of wind power were collected for eight regions. There were 110 energy firms participating in the tender. The auction will run through Dec 29. [Daily Sabah]
- The biggest solar power park in the world today is of 850 MW in Longyangxia Dam, China. But Madhya Pradesh is aiming to pip China by setting up a new record largest solar power park with an installed capacity of 1050 MW. Half the power will be supplied to Delhi Metro, with the remainder going to boost Indian Railways. [NYOOOZ]
- Since the crash of the steel industry in the early 1980s, the city of Pueblo, Colorado, has been searching for an economic identity to help restore prosperity. In recent years, the city has seen a steady building of momentum behind a sector of industry that’s become increasingly promising. And that sector is renewable energy. [Pueblo Chieftain]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Source: Green Events
December 26 Green Energy News