- “Trump Alone on Climate Change as G20 Find Common Ground on Trade, Migration” • A joint statement signed by all twenty member nations said nineteen of them reaffirmed their commitment to the Paris climate accord. The US, which plans to withdraw from the pact under President Donald Trump, is the lone holdout. [Business Insider]
- “Trump Denial of Climate Science Product of Decades-Long Lobbying and Grooming, Report Claims” • Where does Donald Trump’s denial of climate science come from? According to a new Axios report, “a small but influential set of organizations and people have been pushing misinformation for years, and Trump has been listening.” [The Inquisitr]
- “Climate Talks Kick Off in Poland With Boost from G-20 Summit” • Negotiators from around the world are meeting in the Polish city of Katowice for talks on curbing climate change, three years after sealing a landmark deal in Paris that set a goal of keeping global warming well below 2°C (3.6°F). The UN meeting runs to December 14. [ETEnergyworld.com]
- “Qatar Pulls Out of OPEC Oil Producers’ Cartel” • Qatar announced it is pulling out of OPEC, just days before the group meets in Vienna. Qatar is the world’s biggest exporter of liquified natural gas, has been boycotted by some Arab neighbours over allegations that it funds terrorism. OPEC is expected to cut oil supply at this week’s meeting. [BBC]
- “Two Million Australian Households Now Have Rooftop Solar – and They Vote” • One of Australia’s hottest renewable energy sectors, residential solar, has hit another major milestone, with the number of households to have installed rooftop PV passing the two million-mark, according to a Clean Energy Council announcement. [One Step Off The Grid]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Source: Green Events
December 3 Green Energy News