- “Southeast Asia’s Solar Energy ‘Cubed’” • Vietnam had no renewable projects at all in 2016. That year, it saw coal, once an export commodity, begin to be imported. It shifted significant future capacity from coal to solar, and it now has a pipeline of 40 solar projects, with a combined capacity of 2.5 GW at various stages of development. [pv magazine Australia]
- “Electric Cars Are About To Absolutely Demolish Gasmobiles” • As the technologies of EVs and batteries march on, as costs, energy density, and range improve, we are getting closer to a technological crossover point. It is a point where you have to be in a truly odd case to choose a gasoline or diesel car over an electric one. [CleanTechnica]
- “With A Bernie Sanders Candidacy, Clean Energy Technology Is Central To Policy Discussions” • Just 24 hours after announcing his presidential bid, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders raised $6 million from more than 225,000 donors. Part of his allure is his vision of achieving clean energy while saving money for our families. [CleanTechnica]
- “We Can’t Wait For Washington’s Green New Deal. California Needs Just Transition Now” • As the deadliest wildfire in a century raged in Butte County last year, leaving 85 people dead and thousands without homes, hundreds of young people filled the halls of Congress to demand a Green New Deal. The sense of urgency is long overdue. [Sacramento Bee]
- “Trump Taps Donor With Deep Coal Ties For Top UN Position” • President Trump’s pick for ambassador to the UN, Kelly Knight Craft, is a major supporter who has argued that “both sides” of the climate science debate are equally valid. She has deep ties to the coal industry. Her husband is the CEO of the third largest coal company in the US. [ThinkProgress]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Source: Green Events
February 24 Green Energy News