- “Leahy Makes Urgent Call For Real Action On Climate Change” • “The time for delay is over. In fact, our time is running out. Let this renewed vigor in addressing climate change brought about by the bold proposed Green New Deal be the catalyst for real change. And let’s stand, as Senator Stafford and others did in 1986, and do it together.” [Vermont Biz]
- “Canadian Utility Planning Hydrogen Power Generation Project” • Together, Florida-based Joi Scientific and New Brunswick Power will deploy Joi Scientific hydrogen production systems in New Brunswick. The plan is to generate hydrogen with wind turbines, hydro, and nuclear power for net-zero carbon operation. [Electric Light & Power]
- “Updated RPSs Will Lead To More Renewable Electricity Generation In US” • States with legally binding renewable portfolio standards accounted for 63% of electricity retail sales in the US in 2018. Although no additional states have adopted an RPS policy since 2015, several extended their existing targets in 2018 or early 2019. [Renewables Now]
- “Renewable Energy Beats Coal In Blazing Australian Summer: Energy Audit” • Renewable energy outperformed coal over Australia’s record-breaking summer of heat, The Australia Institute’s Climate and Energy Program audit shows. Large solar farms ran close to capacity in the heat while Victoria’s coal-fired power generators faltered. [Energy Matters]
- “Bloomberg-Backed Accelerator Launches To Help Cities Achieve Renewable Energy Goals” • The American Cities Climate Challenge Renewables Accelerator is working to help US cities reach their renewable energy goals. The program is backed by the Bloomberg American Cities Climate Challenge and other organizations. [Energy Manager Today]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Source: Green Events
February 28 Green Energy News