- “How To Change The Minds Of Climate Deniers” • Recent polls have found the number of people who believe climate change is real has increased considerably. What convinced them? To learn more about climate change converts, researchers at Yale and George Mason crunched the numbers from a blend of responses to surveys. [The Guardian]
- “Indiana Is A Top 10 Coal State – And It’s Waving Helloooo There! To Renewable Energy” • Indiana ranks among the top 10 in the US for coal production. Coal also factors heavily into energy consumption in Indiana. That has begun to change since Trump took office. Now, utilities, businesses, and customers are switching to renewables. [CleanTechnica]
- “Opposition To Tri-State Brews Among Electric Cooperatives” • In a first-of-its-kind meeting, over fifty member-owners, trustees, and activists from New Mexico and Colorado rural electric cooperatives discussed renewable energy and their co-ops’ working relationship with Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association. [Rio Grande Sun]
- “Glidepath Changes Plans From Fossil Fuel Generators To Battery-Only For Town Of Ulster Project” • GlidePath Development submitted a modified plan for a proposed grid support center in the Town of Ulster, New York. It switches from a hybrid configuration using natural gas and utility-scale batteries to using batteries only. [Mid-Hudson News]
- “Climate Misinformation Researchers Throw Support Behind California Communities Suing Fossil Fuel Companies” • Six researchers studying climate misinformation filed one of eight friend-of-the-court briefs in a case before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in support of communities suing fossil fuel companies for climate damages. [DeSmog]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Source: Green Events
February 3 Green Energy News