- “Six Signs Of Hope For The Ocean” • It is easy to lose sight of good news amid the barrage of negative stories about the threats facing the ocean. We see everything from growing plastic pollution to dying coral reefs. Increasingly, however, there is a lot to celebrate when you look more closely at ocean-related developments. [CleanTechnica]
- “100% Clean Energy: The New Normal” • Nevada and Washington state joined a growing number of states and local jurisdictions taking action to build an equitable 100% clean energy economy, further propelling a national movement of climate and clean energy leadership that has emerged despite Trump Administration policies. [Sierra Magazine]
- “Could High-Flying Drones Power Your Home One Day?” • A growing number of companies believe using tethered kites and drones provide a viable way to harness the stronger and more consistent high-altitude winds that just keep blowing. Could this tech release wind power’s full potential, or will it always remain a niche solution? [BBC News]
- “Trump Administration Loosens Protections Created After BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Disaster” • The Trump administration is eliminating parts of a rule meant to protect the environment and worker safety that was passed following the 2010 BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Environmentalists have criticized the move. [CNN]
- “Scottish Government Commits To Net-Zero By 2045” • Just hours after a UK Committee on Climate Change report came out, Scotland’s government announced it had lodged amendments to its Climate Change Bill to set a legally binding target for Scotland to be carbon neutral by 2040 and have net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2045. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Source: Green Events
May 3 Green Energy News