- “Volkswagen Converting Zwickau Automotive Plant to Produce Electric Vehicles” • In a move that it believes is the first of its kind in the world for a major car factory, VW is converting its auto factory in Zwickau, Germany from internal combustion vehicle production to manufacture of electric vehicles. The plant makes 330,000 cars per year. [CleanTechnica]
- “Renewable Energy to Enhance Food Security Across World” • Adoption of renewable energy will help ensure food security across the globe, a top official of the International Renewable Energy Agency said. Many developing countries lose 30% to 40% of agricultural harvests due to lack of storage and processing facilities in rural areas. [gulfnews.com]
- “As Trump’s Tariffs Raise the Cost of Solar Installations, Elon Musk and Tesla Cut Their Prices” • Tesla, unmoved by tariffs, is reducing prices on its solar systems 10–20% in recognition of the progress it has made streamlining its solar sales process by integrating Tesla Energy products into its existing high-traffic storefronts. [Red, Green, and Blue]
- “Trump Says He’ll Nominate Andrew Wheeler to Head the EPA” • President Trump said he intends to nominate Andrew R Wheeler to be EPA administrator. A former coal lobbyist, Wheeler has already been instrumental in major environmental policy rollbacks, including former President Obama’s Clean Power Plan. [New York Times]
- “Entergy Arkansas Inks Deal with Sierra Club, Others to Shutter Aging Coal, Natural Gas Plants” • Entergy Arkansas signed a historic agreement with the Sierra Club and other environmental groups to shutter the utility’s old coal-fired plants and an aging natural gas facility, and replace them with cleaner power options. [talkbusiness.net]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Source: Green Events
November 17 Green Energy News