- “Court Upholds Massachusetts’ Authority to Cap Power Plant CO2 Emissions” • Massachusetts’ highest court resoundingly upheld the state’s power to impose limits on carbon emissions from power plants. It is an example of states establishing their authority to fill the regulatory void the Trump administration is creating. [InsideClimate News]
- “Advocates: Trump’s coal-friendly power plan will hurt Ohio’s health” • Ohioans likely face more early deaths, more asthma attacks, and higher electric bills under the Trump administration proposal to replace the Clean Power Plan, say environmental groups. Those conclusions come from the EPA ’s own analysis of the proposal. [Energy News Network]
- “Average Atlantic Coast Offshore Wind Farm Could Add Billions To Economy & Thousands Of Jobs” • A report shows that an average-sized offshore wind farm located off the Atlantic Coast of the US could result in billions in economic benefits and yield thousands of jobs. Such wind farms could be put up in any of several states. [CleanTechnica]
- “World’s largest offshore wind farm launches off English coast” • The Walney Extension project opened off Cumbria, in the northwest of England, with a capacity of 659 MW. This makes it the world’s biggest offshore wind park in operation, overtaking the London Array off England’s east cost with a capacity of 630 MW. [Deutsche Welle]
- “Lock ‘Em Up? Bavarian Judges Propose Jail Time For Politicians Who Ignore Air Pollution” • When politicians don’t enforce measures to protect the public from pollution, should they be punished? And if so, then how severely? Bavarian judges are putting this question to the European Court of Justice, seeking legal guidance. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.
Source: Green Events
September 6 Green Energy News